Soap dodgers. Whether you are one, you know one or you are trying to raise one… We get it. After switching over to all natural skin care, the thought of using commercial products makes us cringe! More often than not they dry out your skin and cause uncomfortable irritation. Soap is one the worst culprits – so it’s no wonder that people are trying to dodge it!
We often hear from customers that their children don’t like washing with soap (you’re not alone!) so we thought we would write up some helpful suggestions for you on how to convert them to the clean team!
- Buy natural soap. In case you missed that point, using only natural ingredients on the skin will greatly reduce the occurrence of irritation and makes for a much more pleasant experience – for us and for the planet! If your child is a conscious consumer at all, perhaps they can be swayed by knowing they are supporting a good cause like The Orangutan Project by using our tester soaps or our Donation Soap.
- Fun (but safe) scents and colours. We have a few deliciously scented soaps that are a big hit with kids such as lemon & lime, liquorice allsorts, spearmint and cinnamon which are all scented with pure essential oils instead of artificial fragrances, which are known skin irritants. We also have some brightly coloured soaps like the pink clay, coloured only by natural clay with a yummy lemongrass scent, and the bright green of our avocado soap which is unscented, so it’s perfect for those who are dodging strong smells!
- Let them buy their own soap. Bring them into the store and let them wander around for a good sniff! There are around 50 types of soap to choose from and kids love to explore the different types and find their personal favourite. Giving them the money to pay for it also enforces that it is their special soap and they will feel good about taking it home to use it.
- Liquid soap. Maybe they don’t like holding the slippery bars of soap and simply prefer something they can’t drop! Use it straight from the hands or pump some onto a cloth or loofah to create a more satisfying lather. We have four types of liquid soaps, including the warming scent of cinnamon & spearmint, and the fresh minty scent of lavender, eucalyptus & peppermint.
- Let boys be boys. Beer soap is a winner for teenage boys who can’t yet drink the stuff, but get a kick out of knowing they are using it to get clean! Beer is actually a great natural ingredient and makes a very gentle, softening soap (just don’t tell them that!).
We believe everyone can become a soap lover if they just try the right soap. Bathing should be a good experience, we do it every day, after all! So let’s help those soap dodgers find their happy place in the shower – shop natural soap now at theansc.com.au