We can’t believe it’s less than two weeks until Easter, where has this year gone? Luckily we know just the right thing to pamper the non-chocolate eaters, sugar free babes, vegans, or general soap enthusiasts – this Easter we would love to wrap you up a piece of our deliciously delightful White Chocolate Soap. Smells good enough to eat and is an awesome and healthy alternative to this sugar laden holiday.
WHY WE LOVE IT!
Our all natural and handmade White chocolate Soap is shea joy, and made right here in Aus! Made from 100% organic shea butter, this soap leaves your skin feeling totally pampered and smells good enough to eat! The soap combines shea butter with peppermint essence for a mouth watering scent.
CREATE A NEW TRADITION!
It’s not news that sugar consumption is on the rise, especially amongst our youth, and this time of year is one of the worst in terms of unhealthy eating, but it doesn’t have to be! This year create your own tradition and share in treats that don’t revolve around high levels of processed sugar by finding cool and unique alternatives.
So, what are you waiting for? Hop on into one of our Melbourne stores or order your Easter treat online, completely guilt free!
HOPPY EASTER FROM ANSC!
If you are finding that the cooler seasons suck your skin dry of moisture, you are not alone! We all get the winter skin blues and experience the tight, flaky dryness that comes with the season. During winter the humidity levels drop, meaning the moisture from your skin evaporates for more quickly – especially when exposed to windy conditions! Indoor heating and long, hot showers may feel like blissful escapes from the cold, but they, too, are actually stripping your skin and mucous membranes of their good oils! So, while there is little chance at avoiding these conditions (unless you can afford a three month holiday every year… in which case, avoid away!), you can at least protect yourself from the worst of it by following these few simple steps.
- Scrub away the dead skin cells. When we go from heated rooms to freezing outdoors, our skin becomes dehydrated and flakey. Since we are usually covered from head to toe in clothing to stay warm, the dead skin cells build up and are trapped underneath. If you have oily skin you could scrub once or twice a week, if you have dry skin you might stretch it out to every fortnight. Our Pharmaoil scrub is made with sea salt and plant oils which work to really buff the skin smooth and hydrate it at the same time.
- Cleanse gently. Since winter tends to leave us dry, you don’t want to over clean your skin and make the problem worse by removing the good, natural oils and throwing out the balance. We highly recommend the Absolute Avocado soap, which has more oil than any of our other soaps, to softly pull away dirt, sweat and makeup. Avocado is also naturally antibacterial, so it’s a good choice for many skin conditions.
- Hydrate… immediately. Straight after you bathe your pores are open and your skin is supple. This is the prime time to moisturise because it will be absorbed far more deeply than if you applied it to dry skin. For this reason, it’s important to be wary of what ingredients you are applying to your skin in this time frame. Our Pharmaoil Skin Therapy is made of 100% pure plant oils and does not contain any preservatives or additives, so you can use as much as you like without a worry! Your skin will love you for the healthy serving of essential fatty acids and vitamin E.
- Drink up. Nothing will save you from the dryness more than drinking lots of water! We know it’s a lot harder to keep up with when it’s cold than when it’s hot and you’re actually thirsty, but this will be the key factor in bright, radiant skin all year round. Also aim to eat more foods that contain “good fats”, especially omega 3 fatty acids, to keep your skin cells soft and flexible!
Soap dodgers. Whether you are one, you know one or you are trying to raise one… We get it. After switching over to all natural skin care, the thought of using commercial products makes us cringe! More often than not they dry out your skin and cause uncomfortable irritation. Soap is one the worst culprits – so it’s no wonder that people are trying to dodge it!
We often hear from customers that their children don’t like washing with soap (you’re not alone!) so we thought we would write up some helpful suggestions for you on how to convert them to the clean team!
- Buy natural soap. In case you missed that point, using only natural ingredients on the skin will greatly reduce the occurrence of irritation and makes for a much more pleasant experience – for us and for the planet! If your child is a conscious consumer at all, perhaps they can be swayed by knowing they are supporting a good cause like The Orangutan Project by using our tester soaps or our Donation Soap.
- Fun (but safe) scents and colours. We have a few deliciously scented soaps that are a big hit with kids such as lemon & lime, liquorice allsorts, spearmint and cinnamon which are all scented with pure essential oils instead of artificial fragrances, which are known skin irritants. We also have some brightly coloured soaps like the pink clay, coloured only by natural clay with a yummy lemongrass scent, and the bright green of our avocado soap which is unscented, so it’s perfect for those who are dodging strong smells!
- Let them buy their own soap. Bring them into the store and let them wander around for a good sniff! There are around 50 types of soap to choose from and kids love to explore the different types and find their personal favourite. Giving them the money to pay for it also enforces that it is their special soap and they will feel good about taking it home to use it.
- Liquid soap. Maybe they don’t like holding the slippery bars of soap and simply prefer something they can’t drop! Use it straight from the hands or pump some onto a cloth or loofah to create a more satisfying lather. We have four types of liquid soaps, including the warming scent of cinnamon & spearmint, and the fresh minty scent of lavender, eucalyptus & peppermint.
- Let boys be boys. Beer soap is a winner for teenage boys who can’t yet drink the stuff, but get a kick out of knowing they are using it to get clean! Beer is actually a great natural ingredient and makes a very gentle, softening soap (just don’t tell them that!).
We believe everyone can become a soap lover if they just try the right soap. Bathing should be a good experience, we do it every day, after all! So let’s help those soap dodgers find their happy place in the shower – shop natural soap now at theansc.com.au